Professional, Caring & Confidential Help for All Problems of a Personal, Emotional or Habitual Nature
Harley Street Hypnotherapist, High Performance Coach & Deep Transformation Expert With Over 25 Years & 15,780+ Sessions Experience
How can Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Help You Overcome Anorexia?
* I have been able to relax and finally say exactly how I feel, without feeling judged by anybody and without anything being taken to an extreme or over-analysed. What I have to say is just that, and there are no right or wrong answers, which I have to admit I have felt compelled to try and give when asked by a team of health professionals.
I feel like I am finally starting to dig into my feelings and emotions which I have suppressed through the eating disorder for quite a while now.
(Name witheld for personal reasons).
If you suffer with Anorexia, the main challenge with treating your condition is that although you almost certainly want to be free of the suffering, I would guess you are also almost certainly rather scared of being cured, too.
The idea of being ‘cured’ of Anorexia is usually completely undesirable because what that ‘cure’ implies is that you will eat more food, put on more weight and become even fatter than ever, the very thing they are trying to avoid!
But you also know that you are not happy – and that leaves you trapped in a very distressing situation.
From past experience with others similar to yourself, I would also guess that you like to feel in control of your eating and weight and probably feel panicky if it fluctuates at all. Or you probably feel frustrated at not being able to lose weight because all you see is how fat you are when you look in the mirror.
I would also guess that you probably feel anxious much of the time. Your low self-esteem means that you don’t feel that great about yourself, or even believe that you are a ‘bad’ person and thereby have to be extra nice to people to make up for it.
You’re probably also a bit of perfectionist and as a result can be quite harsh on yourself.
I would also guess that your Anorexia is helping you to achieve something… do you know what I mean by that?
All of which can lead to a very stressful, anxious and self-deprecating experience. Not a particularly fulfilling way of being, especially when you sometimes have to keep secrets from even your closest friends and family, or feel under the spotlight whenever it comes to meal times.
Whilst we cannot offer to ‘cure’ anorexia, we can begin to set you going on a safe way out of it.
One whereby you can begin to feel good about yourself, maintain a body size you feel comfortable with AND start to eat healthily again in a way that will allow those around you to breathe a sigh of relief.
When someone with Anorexia comes to me for hypnosis help, we hardly even mention food and weight. What I focus on instead is resolving any potential underlying causes.
What often happens is your feelings and emotions – which are largely fear based – have over-ridden your bodies’ natural wisdom around food and eating.
Most likely you don’t trust yourself or your body any more, in case the “secret greedy you” takes over and doesn’t know when to stop.
Much as you may hate that “secret, greedy you”, that is where the answer to your problem lies.
As we deal with that part of you, you can begin to feel back in control once again.
It is not always easy, but as we ease the fear, we aim to help you feel safe allowing a little more food into your body, knowing with absolute certainty, that you will still maintain a body size you feel comfortable with.
As you gradually begin to feel ‘normal’ around food again, you may even find yourself thinking about other things instead of just food and eating.
As you begin to regain trust in yourself and your body you can begin to feel back in control of your feelings, your emotions and your thoughts.
All this of course helps you to feel better about yourself, to feel more confident and to feel more relaxed, as you rebuild your self-esteem and self-respect.
Please note this is not a ‘quick fix’ and the recovery is often gentle and gradual – but we can take it one step at a time, at a pace you feel comfortable with.
If you wish to check availability or make an appointment, please do call my private receptionist on
We very much look forward to hearing from you.
* Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person
* Hi Andrew, I delivered a presentation this morning, felt more relaxed about delivering it and sounded much more confident, so I am pleased with the results. Thank you.
* Just reporting in, as requested, from the session we had for my nail biting. Am very happy to report that it has worked. I very rarely seem to find my fingers in my mouth, and have not bitten my nails since I last saw you. Seriously can’t believe it worked…. that’s a 30 year habit down the drain!”
* It has been just over a week since I had hypnotherapy for my sleeping problems. Since then I have only had two ‘bad’ nights sleep; one caused by going for a run in the evening and the other by my other half’s snoring. I am very grateful just to be able to sleep soundly on my own. It’s a great start! For now, I do not feel the need to book another session. Thank you so much for your help.
* I still need to pinch myself daily that the food issues have gone. I never expected such a change and feel truly blessed. Thank you for the part you have played in all of this healing. I feel like a new person, and finally myself. I feel our sessions may have come to a natural conclusion and just wanted to express my appreciation for your help.
* Just thought I would update you on my progress since seeing you. I am now 2 stone lighter since my heaviest point and 1 1/2 stone of that is since seeing you … so a very big Thank You! I am so much happier with myself and my life and feel in control of what I eat, rather than the other way around. It has been a truly liberating experience. There’s no looking back now. Thanks once again!